Heartland is Moving Online!
- May 22 – Is the last day for new work to be assigned, conferences will continue until the end of the year to review skills, do in class learning activities, and end of year fun. Any school work assigned prior to this date will continue and be available on Google Classroom or Canvas.May 25 – Memorial Day – NO SCHOOL WORK, NO ONLINE CONFERENCESMay 26 – Bedtime Story with Principal Alger, Shared via Facebook and available on our websiteMay 27 - Bedtime Story with Vice Principal Jones, Shared via Facebook and available on our website
May 28 - Bedtime Story with Principal Alger, Shared via Facebook and available on our website
May 29 – Virtual Scavenger Hunt More details will be sent home from your teacher.
Bedtime Story with Vice Principal Jones, Shared via Facebook and available on our website
June 1 - Heartland’s Got Talent at 9:00 am VIDEO LINK
June 2 - Awards Assembly K-3 9:00, 4-6 – 10:00 Facebook Live (don’t forget to like us on Facebook). The video will also be recorded and posted on our Facebook and Website.
June 3 – Virtual Dance Party (DJ Party for in home dance fun) 9:00 am via Google Meet
June 4 – Chromebook Collection and student materials distribution 9- 10 – A-J, 11-12, K-Q, 12-1 R-Z
June 5 – Chromebook Collection and student materials distribution 9- 10 – R-Z, 11-12, A-J, 12-1 K-Q
June 8- Chromebook Collection and student materials distribution 9- 10 – K-Q, 11-12,R-Z , 12-1 A-J
- Emails for staff members can be found here.
- Breakfast and Lunch (Click here for a menu) Will be Available for Pick Up Only Starting Wednesday, March 18. If you need food assistance prior to Wednesday, please contact the office. Students must return home after receiving their meal.
- A to-go breakfast will be available for pick up from 7:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- A to-go lunch will be available for pick up from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Don't have a computer? No problem! Both Canvas and Google Classroom offer free, easy-to-use smartphone apps.
- Music Starts, Students Line Up Outside - 7:50 a.m.
- Start Time- 7:55 a.m.
- Tardy Bell- 8:00 a.m.
- End Time- 2:45p.m.
- Start Time- 7:55 a.m.
- Tardy Bell- 8:00 a.m.
- End Time- 12:55 p.m.
News and Announcements:
Colder weather is coming. With the weather changes it is important to remember a few safety tips.
- There will be an increase in traffic due to more cars dropping off and picking up children. Please slow down and follow the parking lot signs.
- Please help your children remember to bring a warm coat and shoes appropriate for the weather.
- Watch for the orange flags around the school. The orange flag represents an inside morning. Students are allowed to come in to the school building and line up in the hallway by their teachers door. For more information about cold weather policies, snow days, and inside days Click Here.
Heartland Elementary is hiring for several exciting positions. We are currently looking for the following:
Computer Teacher: 17-20 Hours
EXCEL Special Education Aides: 17 and 25 Hours
Please contact Principal Alger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-565-7533 for additional information. The application can be found at https://skyfin.jordan.k12.ut.us/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wsFin/rappljoblst484.w?hqrbgrtid=382125
Going on at Heartland:
After School Activities at Heartland:
- Knitting group
- 6th grade Soccer program
- Choir; Heartland Heartbeats
- Strong Families S.T.E.M, Math, Literacy, and Culture Nights
- After school tutoring
- School Choir
- Heartland Orchestra
- S.T.E.M. assemblies
- S.T.E.M. intensive
- 6th and 3rd grade using VR headsets, robots, drones, coding
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters partnership with Comcast
- Second Step Social Emotional Learning Program
- Art/Music/Computers offered on a weekly basis
- Jr. Coach Program
- School Ambassadors
The Heartland Nine:
During the 19-20 School year, Heartland will focus on nine character traits. Students will be taught the skills during a rotation and will be provided will opportunities to practice each week. The skills include:
- Showing Compassion
- Identifying Feelings
- Calming Down Strong Feelings
- Communicating with Others
- Being a Good Listener
- Solving Problems with Friends
- Playing Fair
- Handling Conflicts
- Having Fun
Please take time and speak with your students about the skills each month. They should be practicing them at school and home.
News for our Heartland Families:
News from Heartland:
- School Starts August 20th for Grade 1-6. Kindergarten testing will occur the week of the 20th to the 27th. First day of school for kindergarten will be August 28th.
- Breakfast is served from 7:30-7:55 am. The cost is .80 cents, or .30 cents for reduced cost eligible families.
Parents and Guardians, we want to remind each of you of the Student Drop Off/Pick Up locations, please view the map below. It is very important for the safety of each of our students and staff that we all comply with these procedures.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the school.
If you ever have any questions and/or suggestions about our website, please don't hesitate to contact our Heartland School Webpage Master.