Welcome to the 2020-21 School Year
If you would like your child to enroll in virtual learning for the 2020-21 school year, please visit the link below. A request must be completed for each child. Students who sign up for virtual learning will have the choice to return to learning in person for second quarter.
If you are interested, please enroll each student in your family separately using this link: Form for Virtual Online Learning for the 2020-21 School Year. You only need to complete this form if you want a partial or full virtual online schedule.
If you have questions before signing up for virtual online learning, please send an email to email@example.com. We will answer your question within 24 hours. Registration is due by July 31st.
Heartland Online Enrollment opens on Wednesday, August 5th, 2020
Before school begins we need the online enrollment completed for each student whether attending in person or online. Completing this enrollment helps us make sure we have the most up-to-date information on your student. It includes several important documents for you to review and electronically sign. Communication has become increasingly important between schools and parents, we need a current, email, cellphone number, and contact information. If you do not have access to a computer, please consider using the local library, your cell phone, or a relative/friend. Please contact our office if you need online assistance (username and password) or access. Online enrollment can be found in Skyward Family Access at https://skystu.jordan.k12.ut.us/.
- Emails for staff members can be found here.
Don't have a computer? No problem! Both Canvas and Google Classroom offer free, easy-to-use smartphone apps.
- Music Starts, Students Line Up Outside - 7:50 a.m.
- Start Time- 7:55 a.m.
- Tardy Bell- 8:00 a.m.
- End Time- 2:45p.m.
- Start Time- 7:55 a.m.
- Tardy Bell- 8:00 a.m.
- End Time- 12:55 p.m.
News and Announcements:
Colder weather is coming. With the weather changes it is important to remember a few safety tips.
- There will be an increase in traffic due to more cars dropping off and picking up children. Please slow down and follow the parking lot signs.
- Please help your children remember to bring a warm coat and shoes appropriate for the weather.
- Watch for the orange flags around the school. The orange flag represents an inside morning. Students are allowed to come in to the school building and line up in the hallway by their teachers door. For more information about cold weather policies, snow days, and inside days Click Here.
Heartland Elementary is hiring for several exciting positions. We are currently looking for the following:
Computer Teacher: 17-20 Hours
EXCEL Special Education Aides: 17 and 25 Hours
Please contact Principal Alger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-565-7533 for additional information. The application can be found at https://skyfin.jordan.k12.ut.us/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wsFin/rappljoblst484.w?hqrbgrtid=382125
Going on at Heartland:
After School Activities at Heartland:
- Knitting group
- 6th grade Soccer program
- Choir; Heartland Heartbeats
- Strong Families S.T.E.M, Math, Literacy, and Culture Nights
- After school tutoring
- School Choir
- Heartland Orchestra
- S.T.E.M. assemblies
- S.T.E.M. intensive
- 6th and 3rd grade using VR headsets, robots, drones, coding
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters partnership with Comcast
- Second Step Social Emotional Learning Program
- Art/Music/Computers offered on a weekly basis
- Jr. Coach Program
- School Ambassadors
The Heartland Nine:
During the 19-20 School year, Heartland will focus on nine character traits. Students will be taught the skills during a rotation and will be provided will opportunities to practice each week. The skills include:
- Showing Compassion
- Identifying Feelings
- Calming Down Strong Feelings
- Communicating with Others
- Being a Good Listener
- Solving Problems with Friends
- Playing Fair
- Handling Conflicts
- Having Fun
Please take time and speak with your students about the skills each month. They should be practicing them at school and home.
News for our Heartland Families:
News from Heartland:
- School Starts August 20th for Grade 1-6. Kindergarten testing will occur the week of the 20th to the 27th. First day of school for kindergarten will be August 28th.
- Breakfast is served from 7:30-7:55 am. The cost is .80 cents, or .30 cents for reduced cost eligible families.
Parents and Guardians, we want to remind each of you of the Student Drop Off/Pick Up locations, please view the map below. It is very important for the safety of each of our students and staff that we all comply with these procedures.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the school.
If you ever have any questions and/or suggestions about our website, please don't hesitate to contact our Heartland School Webpage Master.