Heartland is Moving Online!
All Jordan District Schools will not hold in-person classes through May 1st. Here's what you need to know:
- At home learning for students will begin on Wednesday, March 18th.
- If families need a Chromebook to participate in Home Learning, we will be checking out student computers Wednesday and Thursday in the morning. In an effort to comply with the UT Health Department’s instructions of minimizing large groups, we have created a staggered schedule, please come during the time allotted by your last name:
- A-D 8 - 9 am
- E-L 9 – 10 am
- M-R 10-11 am
- S-Z 11 - 12 pm
- A parent or guardian is required to sign the JSD-Chromebook User Agreement. This agreement was also sent via email and copies are available in the office. Families are encouraged to use their in-home technology where possible. If internet or wifi access is unavailable at home, please click here for more options or apply at internetessentials.com for free short-term WiFi through Comcast. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
- School Software Links
Link to all other Educational Websites
- Emails for staff members can be found here.
- Breakfast and Lunch (Click here for a menu) Will be Available for Pick Up Only Starting Wednesday, March 18. If you need food assistance prior to Wednesday, please contact the office. Students must return home after receiving their meal.
- A to-go breakfast will be available for pick up from 7:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- A to-go lunch will be available for pick up from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Don't have a computer? No problem! Both Canvas and Google Classroom offer free, easy-to-use smartphone apps.
- Music Starts, Students Line Up Outside - 7:50 a.m.
- Start Time- 7:55 a.m.
- Tardy Bell- 8:00 a.m.
- End Time- 2:45p.m.
- Start Time- 7:55 a.m.
- Tardy Bell- 8:00 a.m.
- End Time- 12:55 p.m.
News and Announcements:
Colder weather is coming. With the weather changes it is important to remember a few safety tips.
- There will be an increase in traffic due to more cars dropping off and picking up children. Please slow down and follow the parking lot signs.
- Please help your children remember to bring a warm coat and shoes appropriate for the weather.
- Watch for the orange flags around the school. The orange flag represents an inside morning. Students are allowed to come in to the school building and line up in the hallway by their teachers door. For more information about cold weather policies, snow days, and inside days Click Here.
Heartland Elementary is hiring for several exciting positions. We are currently looking for the following:
Computer Teacher: 17-20 Hours
EXCEL Special Education Aides: 17 and 25 Hours
Please contact Principal Alger at email@example.com or 801-565-7533 for additional information. The application can be found at https://skyfin.jordan.k12.ut.us/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wsFin/rappljoblst484.w?hqrbgrtid=382125
Going on at Heartland:
After School Activities at Heartland:
- Knitting group
- 6th grade Soccer program
- Choir; Heartland Heartbeats
- Strong Families S.T.E.M, Math, Literacy, and Culture Nights
- After school tutoring
- School Choir
- Heartland Orchestra
- S.T.E.M. assemblies
- S.T.E.M. intensive
- 6th and 3rd grade using VR headsets, robots, drones, coding
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters partnership with Comcast
- Second Step Social Emotional Learning Program
- Art/Music/Computers offered on a weekly basis
- Jr. Coach Program
- School Ambassadors
The Heartland Nine:
During the 19-20 School year, Heartland will focus on nine character traits. Students will be taught the skills during a rotation and will be provided will opportunities to practice each week. The skills include:
- Showing Compassion
- Identifying Feelings
- Calming Down Strong Feelings
- Communicating with Others
- Being a Good Listener
- Solving Problems with Friends
- Playing Fair
- Handling Conflicts
- Having Fun
Please take time and speak with your students about the skills each month. They should be practicing them at school and home.
News for our Heartland Families:
News from Heartland:
- School Starts August 20th for Grade 1-6. Kindergarten testing will occur the week of the 20th to the 27th. First day of school for kindergarten will be August 28th.
- Breakfast is served from 7:30-7:55 am. The cost is .80 cents, or .30 cents for reduced cost eligible families.
Parents and Guardians, we want to remind each of you of the Student Drop Off/Pick Up locations, please view the map below. It is very important for the safety of each of our students and staff that we all comply with these procedures.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the school.
If you ever have any questions and/or suggestions about our website, please don't hesitate to contact our Heartland School Webpage Master.